I worked out at the gym commando style

General discussion

I worked out at the gym commando style

Postby avantouinti » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:05 am

I was driving to the gym yesterday afternoon and had the overwhelming desire to exercise commando style.

I didn't have any clean shorts with a loose net liner that I usually wear so had packed some classic black nylon Umbro soccer shorts ... very thin, light nylon and a pair of lycra swim/cycle shorts to wear underneath but I didn't want to be restrained.

I wondered if I would have the courage to go through with it. I resolved to wear just the umbro footie shorts and be bare underneath. I planned to make sure other guys in the locker room saw what I was doing.

I got to the locker room and dropped my combat pants so everyone would see I was commando then pulled on the soft thin nylon Umbros: luckily I didn't get a bone and checked in the mirror it wasn't obscene.

I nervously walked upto the gym - felt quite exposed. Then the treadmill. 20 mins and all was OK ... it felt good - cool and fresh air.

Then I went on the cross trainer machine - the gym was getting busy with all the equipment taken - high energy levels and I found being bare underneath very energising and stimulating so I had a really good workout. Soon it was all over and time to go swimming then sauna and steam. I was tempted to swim/sweat wearing just the shorts but they might have become too revealing when wet so I work swimming trunks. I may do that some other day.
avantouinti

Re: I worked out at the gym commando style

Postby Triangle » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:55 pm

Well done! Very brave. I wanna gym it like this but would be worried about the flopping around down there. When I get my gym membership next month, I'll slowly become more braver.

You should post a picture of you in your shorts.
Triangle

Postby riffraffruff » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:45 am

i always go to gym commando. i even go to rugby training commando, in loose-ish short rugby shorts which means my balls inevitably pop out whenever i sit down, stretch or get into the rucks and malls. am sure most of my teammates have seen up my shorts, or a clear view of my balls when they've popped out at one stage or another. no big deal as we shower together regularly which adds to the team spirit!
riffraffruff

Postby freeballeruk » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:58 pm

I'm so glad that i took my unlined shorts by accident a few month back, i bit the bullet and felt fine, don't wear lined shorts now unless washing not done.
Ps i've been commando since i was 14-everywhere except gym.
freeballeruk

Freeballing at the gym

Postby avantouinti » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:59 am

freeballeruk wrote:I'm so glad that i took my unlined shorts by accident a few month back, i bit the bullet and felt fine, don't wear lined shorts now unless washing not done.
Ps i've been commando since i was 14-everywhere except gym.

I agree - the first time you work out wearing shorts with no lining it's a bit scary but now I have done it, nothing terrible happened and it felt absolutely great (well freeballing feels good!) so I will be doing it regularly from now on
avantouinti

Postby Triangle » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:05 pm

Had a rare sighting today. Was in the swimming pool and a bloke put his trousers on commando after taking off his trunks.
Triangle

Postby avantouinti » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:31 pm

Triangle wrote:Had a rare sighting today. Was in the swimming pool and a bloke put his trousers on commando after taking off his trunks.

At my gym, it's not rare to see guys freeballing ... what intrigues me is that some arrive freeballing then put on some underwear for their workout (or wear lined shorts) and I see others who remove their underwear and hang loose - usually in long jogging pants but rarely in shorts. Then some guys just get dressed and go home without underwear because it's the evening and they haven't brought clean pair! I think more guys freeball here in UK than we might imagine
avantouinti

Postby riffraffruff » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:21 am

i remember back when i was in high school gym class in Australia, freeballing was the way to go. i can't remember how many times i've caught flashes of balls out the side of classmates' gym shorts. Have even seen teachers' balls up their shorts when we go out on excursions.
riffraffruff

Postby RigidRod » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:46 am

every chance I get - I go commando! wearing black cargo pants now and was out for breakfast. It was 25 degrees and even feels good when my balls get cold. It enhances the felling that they are dangling when I walk! :lol:
RigidRod

Re: I worked out at the gym commando style

Postby avantouinti » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:13 am

Triangle wrote:Well done! Very brave. I wanna gym it like this but would be worried about the flopping around down there. When I get my gym membership next month, I'll slowly become more braver.

You should post a picture of you in your shorts.

Hi Triangle - I took your suggestion and here are some photos of me freeballing in the umbro soccer shorts that I wore commando in the gym last week .... at the gym of course I also wore a T shirt but I didn't cheat - it only came down to the waist band of the shorts so I was exposed as a freeballer

http://www.freeballing.com/gallery/view ... ck_umbros2
http://www.freeballing.com/gallery/view ... ck_umbros2
http://www.freeballing.com/gallery/view ... mbros_butt
avantouinti

Postby Triangle » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:22 am

They look pretty civilised. For some reason I was expecting them to be white. I've got a blue pair of nike ones that are slightly more fitted that that that I intend to wear in the gym when I can go.
Triangle

Postby avantouinti » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:06 am

Triangle wrote:They look pretty civilised. For some reason I was expecting them to be white. I've got a blue pair of nike ones that are slightly more fitted that that that I intend to wear in the gym when I can go.

Now white would be daring ... I would want to try them on at home first and check..... as I get more comfortable freeballing at the gym, I will try some closer fitting shorts and perhaps a bit shorter in the leg and even white .... as I said, these just happen to be the ones I had with me when I decided to freeball at the gym while driving there

Can we see a photo of you freeballing in your blue Nikes?
avantouinti

Postby Mesh_Gym_Shorts » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:49 am

Bravo Avantouinti! The more guys freeball at the gym, the more likely others will feel comfortable to freeball as well.

It's always great to see a guy freeballing in gym shorts, but I've only seen it at our gym a few times. I'd be more willing to freeball at the gym if I saw more of it. The most daring that I've done at the gym was a pair of Champion silver mesh shorts with boxers. You could still see the outline of my penis, especially on the bench, but it wasn't as blatant with the boxers under the shorts as it would have been commando.

I have a several pair of white Champion mesh shorts - different cuts and styles. They're really hot and don't leave much to the imagination. The only place that I know to get the white ones is from Champion directly from their on line catalog at:
www.championusa.com
Mesh_Gym_Shorts

working out commando

Postby avantouinti » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:45 am

There is a wide held belief that for sport and physical exercise, men's genitalia need to be tightly and firmly supported ... supposedly for comfort and to prevent injury. My experience is opposite - I think that the male anatomy has evolved over millions of years to resist vigourous exercise (running, jumping etc). If you go running without support, your balls are pulled up towards your body by the same muscles that lift the boys on a cold day or in the cold plunge at a turkish bath. As a naturist, I have exercised quite vigorously while nude and even taken part in a vigourous sprinting race on a beach. Finally it's cool and hygenic to freeball exercising.

I think the matter of genital protection is important if there is impact risk (cricket, baseball etc) but the issue there is protection from impact (cup or box) and not support.
avantouinti

Postby salsfe » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:39 am

when I was working out at local college i wore mesh undies...but now i work out at gym near work with colleges so i have to wear athletic briefs...yuck

I have to expound on this that these are class where “pairing-up ” is involved.
salsfe

Postby Shadow0578 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:37 pm

[quote="salsfe"]when I was working out at local college i wore mesh undies...but now i work out at gym near work with colleges so i have to wear athletic briefs...yuck

I have to expound on this that these are class where “pairing-up ” is involved.[/quote

Why do you have to wear underwear around your coworkers? So what if they see your dick hanging out of your shorts...let them see it.
Shadow0578

Freeballing in sweats

Postby Alex » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:25 am

I usually wear rugby shorts @ the gym & since they're kinda short I've worn a jockstrap. It was pretty hot last summer so I decided to freeball & man it felt great to have my balls free & feel the breeze. Now that it's cooler I'm back to wearing a jock. to keep my boys warm.

Last night I decided to wear an old well worn pair of grey sweats & try freeballing in them. I didn't realize when running on the treadmill how the stimulation was affecting my dick & fuck, I got a hardon & sweats did nothing to hide it. It was pretty fucking awkward & fortunately I had a small towel to try to hide the tent my 6 1/2" was making. I quickly got back to the locker room & pulled on a jock. Only one guy saw me but he didn't say anything but just smiled. I went back in to finish my workout with a still sizable bulge but @ least it wasn't like a tent pole.

Alexxx
Alex

At the gym - outside my comfort zone

Postby avantouinti » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:15 am

A few weeks ago I told you how I went commando at the gym wearing black Umbro nylon soccer shorts which are silky thin and soft - at first I felt very exposed but now it's normal and feels good and I am comfortable working out that way. If I were to wear shorts with a lining or anything underneath now it would feel uncomfortable.

But at the time I bottled out from going swimming and using the jacuzzi, sauna and steam wearing just those shorts as I was sure they would cling to me like the proverbial wet T-shirt.

Well yesterday I couldn't put off any more and after my workout in the gym, went swimming. I was leaving my comfort zone for sure and felt both nervous and excited. On entering the pool, the thin nylon shorts just floated freely and I began swimming 20 lengths of the pool .... it felt almost as if I were swimming nude: fantastic.

Well it was OK in the water but then time to go further outside the comfort zone and get out of the pool - the wet shorts clung revealing the outline of my cock and balls but quite soon the water drained from the nylon and the shorts weren't so clingy. I then spent quite some time in the sauna and steam (co-ed gym so must wear shorts).

I'll never know what I looked like from behind - I am sure the wet thin nylon outlined by butt and it would have been obvious I was freeballing.

Anyway - now that I have done that, I will continue to do the same as I couldn't go back to swimming shorts with lining and fabric designed not to cling when wet! We all have a comfort zone and when we are pushed (or push ourselves) outside of its boundaries, those boundaries grow and we become comfortable.
avantouinti

Postby Triangle » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:41 am

Cool story. You could always sit in the bath with them on then check a mirror to see what they look like at home.
Triangle

swimming in umbro shorts

Postby avantouinti » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:04 am

Thanks, Triangle - I had thought of that and I think I will do it to see myself as others do
avantouinti

Postby nitsud » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:23 pm

Don't forget to take a pic and share with us. That would be great.
nitsud

Swimming in Umbro shorts

Postby avantouinti » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:31 am

Photos posted of me wearing Umbro shorts (commando) in the shower to mimic what happens when I wear them for swimming ... now you know what it looks like and I can tell you it feels good
avantouinti

Postby Triangle » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:41 pm

I'd say that they were pretty discrete myself.
Triangle

Postby avantouinti » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:21 am

yes, Triangle ... didn't look too bad at all so I am happy to carry on like this

have a great christmas and I hope nobody gives you underpants!
avantouinti

umbro short

Postby freeballeruk » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:35 am

I dont think there is anything wrong with them, i were some black reebok ones for gym & sauna(cos they changed rules) shorter than those but i dont worry about showing a shape in them.
freeballeruk

Re: Swimming in Umbro shorts

Postby jamieeee » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:17 am

How do I see the photos ??

avantouinti wrote:Photos posted of me wearing Umbro shorts (commando) in the shower to mimic what happens when I wear them for swimming ... now you know what it looks like and I can tell you it feels good
jamieeee

white shorts?

Postby freeballeruk » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:51 pm

As happy as i'd be to do gym in white shorts, i've posted some pics in gallery that show why i wouldn't swim or do sauna in them.
freeballeruk

Wet white shorts

Postby avantouinti » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:31 am

That would be a step too far for a public gym - I think you would risk some complaint - that is how I feared my black ones would look but they aren't too bad

I have now got so used to them commando, it is uncomfortable to wear anything underneath for workout, swim or sauna
avantouinti

Wet white shorts

Postby shorts4me » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:52 am

Several years ago I lived in a large apartment complex with a swimming pool. One day after work when both the temperature and me were feeling a bit hot, I went down to the pool wearing very short Dolfin white running shorts knowing that they could become semi transparent when wet. I had seen another guy at the pool a week earlier with white shorts, but with underwear and liked the look. The short barely hid anything when dry, however I didn't expect how transparent they would become. When I got down to the pool there was just the life guard (who checks your ID to make sure your a resident) and two other people at the pool. As required I left my ID with the guard and went down to the pool and jumped in. When I came up for air, I looked down and realized you could see everything. I swam around for awhile and then sat by the side of the pool. One of the other guys just smiled at me, as obviously he could see everything. The other guy was too busy swimming laps to notice. As I sat at the side of the pool I kind of pulled the shorts away from my body to be a little more discrete.

Anyway, I stayed for about 45 minutes swimming and sitting on the deck with my feet in the water. When I went to get my ID from the life guard, the only thing he had to say was "Next time wear something under those shorts." I just smiled and left the pool area, walked across the parking lot to the building (pretty much in full view) and went into the building. I decided to take the elevator. At this point I wasn't quite as transparent as I dried off a little plus standing up made the shorts pull away from my body somewhat.

I thought I was going to be alone on the elevator, but at the last minute a woman gets on. At first she didn't notice, then I saw out of the corner of my eye that she was looking down and then up at me (I was only wearing the white shorts and no shirt or shoes)l She just smiled, and got off on her floor.

It was actually a lot of fun

The only time I don't freeball is when I have to dress up in a suit, but that's pretty rare or if I have to do a major presentation in front of a lot of people (I don't need anything but the presentation on my mind...) But always freeball in shorts and jeans. Particularly shorts. I haven't worn underwear with shorts since before I was about 12 or 13 when I know I gave up UW for the summer and only wore shorts.
shorts4me

Return to Discussion